Difficulty playing DVDs under AHCI/CAM?

Buganini buganini at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 10:04:06 UTC 2010

BTW, it seems that DVD burning with ahci is broken,
burning a CD is okay, but I never burn a DVD sucessfully with ahci.
Always get somethings like "unable to write at 60H input/output error"
and many "(cd0:ahcich2:0:0:0): SCSI sense: ILLEGAL REQUEST
csi:43,0,0,c asc:24,0 (Invalid field in CDB): Command byte 6 is
invalid"
in dmesg,

With ahci unloaded, I see "(cd0:ata4:0:0:0): SCSI sense: ILLEGAL
REQUEST csi:43,0,0,c asc:24,0 (Invalid field in CDB): Command byte 6
is invalid" once, but it works.

But I can read data DVD with ahci and sucessfully verify data with diff.

--Buganini