Interpreted language(s) in the base

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Sun Aug 22 11:21:37 UTC 2010

Gabor PALI <pgj at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
> > Gabor PALI <pgj at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > > Sorry for chiming in, just a quick idea.  If you find the "get a
> > > high-level language that compiled to C" idea good,
> > I don't think it's a good idea
> Could you be more specific on your concerns?  I am just curious.

If we want compiled code, we already have C and C++.  What we need is an
interpreted language with good libraries so people can write scripts and
one-liners without having to jump through too many hoops and worry about
quoting.  The result may not be as fast as a compiled program, but it
will be much faster than a shell script and take less time to write than
either C or shell.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no