Fwd: Latest intr problems

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 21 13:18:23 UTC 2010

Andriy Gapon wrote:
>on 21/08/2010 12:35 Andriy Gapon said the following:
>> I feel like you might be having a problem with clocks...
>
>FWIW, I am reading this document http://edc.intel.com/Link.aspx?id=1484
>and I see this sentence: "All of the clocks in the processor core are
>stopped in the C3 state".
>
>I see that you have C3 state enabled and it's regularly entered:
>dev.cpu.0.cx_usage: 0.00% 5.51% 94.48% last 305us

I don't think this accounts for all of his problems, unless his
machine has an unusual configuration.  Alexander and I recommended
that he try different clocks, and just recently, for example, he wrote
that he had used:

loader.conf
hint.apic.0.clock="0"
hint.atrtc.0.clock="0"
hint.attimer.0.clock="0"
hint.hpet.0.legacy_route="1"
machdep.disable_rtc_set="1"
kern.eventtimer.timer2="HPET"
kern.eventtimer.timer1="NONE" (Or, if available, HPET1, ...)
kern.eventtimer.singlemul="1"

sysctl.conf:
kern.timecounter.hardware=HPET

and reported that it did not help.  The HPET doesn't usually suffer
from the problem that you are describing, right?

b.