kern+world / ports make options

Pegasus Mc Cleaft ken at mthelicon.com
Sun Apr 25 18:38:03 UTC 2010

On Sunday 25 April 2010 11:17:40 Ulrich Spörlein wrote:
> On Sat, 24.04.2010 at 16:42:37 +0000, Pegasus Mc Cleaft wrote:
> > 	It may already be implemented, but it would be nice if there was
> > something defined while the kernel and/or world is being built to that a
> > nested block of ifdefs can select which env variables to be set.
>
> src.conf has already been mentioned, I don't use it myself but have the
> following set in make.conf
>
> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/usr/ports/*}
> NOCLEANDEPENDS=	true
> WRKDIRPREFIX=	/usr/obj
> .include "/etc/ports.conf"
> .endif

Hi Ulrich,

	Thank you for that. This is pretty much what I was looking for as I can
use the .if block to add in only the pieces I want. The src.conf solution was
an option, but since both make.conf and src.conf are called, I ended up
basically undoing everything in src.conf that I did in make.conf; and that
didn't work so well as I kept breaking the build (couldn't find headers and
all sorts of thing). No doubt, it was the way that I did it.. Your solution is
cleaner and makes sense to me.

Thanks again,
Peg