kern+world / ports make options

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 24 22:03:12 UTC 2010

On 04/24/10 09:42, Pegasus Mc Cleaft wrote:
> Hello Hackers & Current,

Please don't crosspost. If you're not what list to post to, the
algorithm is: If the question is about a port, or the ports in general,
use freebsd-ports@, otherwise use freebsd-questions at . This post should
have gone to -ports.

> 	I was wondering it if is possible, or if it can be done so a separate set
> of CC, CXX, etc can be specified for building the world and kernel
> independently of a ports build?

Since you didn't say what version of FreeBSD you're using, try doing
'man src.conf' to see if you can separate your base-related variables
into that file.

Either way, you should also check out ports-mgmt/portconf to handle
ports-only stuff.

hth,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads