Call for Test and Review: bwn(4) - another Broadcom Wireless driver

Ian FREISLICH ianf at clue.co.za
Wed Apr 14 17:35:02 UTC 2010

Buganini wrote:
> Hi, I got a Lenovo G450 with
> siba_bwn0 at pci0:4:0:0:	class=0x028000 card=0x04b514e4 chip=0x431514e4
> rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Broadcom Corporation'
>     device     = 'Broadcom Wireless b/g (BCM4315/BCM22062000)'
>     class      = network
>

> 4315 is not in supported list, but however the driver took the device
> bwn_v4_lp_ucode.ko was not loaded automatically, so I loaded it
> manually ifconfig scan seem freeze, I can `ifconfig list scan` later
> and found access point correctly, but I can't associate with them, it
> just keep scanning channels.

I found that if I 'ifconfig wlan0 destroy' followed by 'ifconfig
wlan0 create wlandev bwn0' it works.

/etc/rc.conf:
---
wlans_bwn0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
---

The corollery is that it doesn't work first time on reboot.  I need
to either '/etc/rc.d/netif restart' and if that panics the machine,
destroy wlan0 and then restart netif.

Then wlan0/bwn0 associates correctly with this device.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich