Intel H55 and em0

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Thu Apr 1 16:29:33 UTC 2010

On 01/-10/-28163 20:59, Jack Vogel wrote:
> OH, as to my last statement, the code in CURRENT will NOT work on 8.0
> RELEASE,
> it would require a change to sys/conf/files, and it also has a fix in the
> stack that is not
> in RELEASE. SO taking the latest would require you take the whole tree.
>
> Jack
>

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Jack Vogel<jfvogel at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> The device subfamily on those motherboards is called PCH, and its only in
>> the em driver as of
>> last December, The CVS delta of if_em is 1.27. You can either update to
>> STABLE/8 or CURRENT.
>> If you wish to just pull the e1000 driver directory it should work fine in
>> 8.0 RELEASE also.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Jack

In your correction, you did not really mention 8-STABLE, you only warn
about putting e1000 from CURRENT to 8.0-RELEASE.

I got the same problem:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2010-March/011952.html

Since I did not get a reply, I put the whole e1000 directory from
CURRENT into 8-STABLE.

Is there any problem with that? (It _seems_ to work so far.)

Are you going to MFC the PCH devices to 8-STABLE any time soon?

Thanks,
Jan Henrik