ipv6 related warnings

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Sep 29 14:53:33 UTC 2009

Alexander Best <alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
> > Alexander Best <alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de> writes:
> > > /etc/defaults/rc.conf:
> > > ident warning: no id keywords in /etc/defaults/rc.conf
> > Something is definitely wrong.  How do you keep your source tree
> > up-to-date?
> `svn up /usr/src`

You probably have the wrong subversion port installed; you have to use
devel/subversion-freebsd.  Mergemaster won't work properly without RCS
ID tags.  You'll have to run it once with -s to fix your /etc.  You can
ease the pain by installing some of the files manually first, e.g.

cd /usr/src/etc/rc.d && make install
cd /usr/src/etc.$(uname -p) && make install
cd /usr/src/etc/pam.d && make install
cd /usr/src/etc/periodic && make install
cd /usr/src/etc/sendmail && make install

BTW, subversion-freebsd will work just like stock subversion for
non-FreeBSD trees; you'll see some FreeBSD-specific stuff in your editor
when you type in a commit message, but if you don't remove it manually,
subversion will do it for you before sending the delta to the server.

Also, re 'mergemaster -i', there's nothing wrong with it - I confused -i
with -a, which is not sufficient on its own.

I use the following .mergemasterrc:

PAGER="less"
IGNORE_FILES="/etc/motd /etc/ntp.conf /etc/printcap /etc/profile"
AUTO_INSTALL="YES"
AUTO_UPGRADE="YES"
PRESERVE_FILES="YES"

If you use sudo, mergemaster will look for it in ~ instead of ~root; I
keep it in ~/.mergemasterrc with a symlink in ~root, although you can
just as well do it the other way around.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no