Atheros 9280 issue

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 29 06:43:34 UTC 2009

Sam Leffler wrote:
>> Clients can connect to the AP, but obviously packets are dropped every
>> time the card is reset.
>
> How do you know packets are dropped?  Nothing should be lost.

I'm pinging the access point from an associated wifi client: when this
message appears one or two pings are lost. Previously, when such
messages didn't appear, no pings were lost. Maybe the reply timeouts and
is not completely lost, I'll do more tests asap.

> "every few seconds" is not helpful.

Actually the timing is highly variable, it may happen once a second,
like once every 15 seconds or more. Usually (in the two hours I tried)
every 2-5 seconds.

> Look for something else in the
> system that coincides w/ your msgs.  It's possible that periodic
> calibration done by the driver has a bad effect; you can turn it off by
> setting a sysctl (look at sysctl -a and/or the driver code).

hw.ath.shortcal = 0, right?

I'll try, I haven't done additional tests before knowing what would be
useful for debugging.

--
Alex Dupre