Apple MacBook Panic - AP #1 (PHY# 1) failed!

Chris Ruiz yr.retarded at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 23:09:08 UTC 2009

At some point freebsd amd64 stopped booting on my MacBook 4,1 (penryn
w/ intel chipset).  Amd64 panics and endlessly scrolls the screen
while i386 asks "panic y/n? [y]".  Keyboard input does not work so I
can not break into debugger.  I thought this was a known issue but
have not heard anything about it recently, so I am reporting it again.
This panic happens with 8.0-beta1 -> 8.0-rc1.  Is this fixed in
CURRENT yet?  Here's the last two lines of console output.

ACPI APIC Table: <APPLE  Apple00>
AP #1 (PHY# 1) failed!

Thanks
-- Chris