vesa hanging boot

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 22 21:47:02 UTC 2009

Todays -HEAD (197416) is hanging on boot for me if the vesa module is
loaded.  I initially thought that this was keyboard related, but
reverting various bits and pieces didn't do any good.  Once in serial
console I was able to determine that it was actually hanging right after
the VESA: information block gets dumped.  Disabling vesa allows me to
boot successfully.  Verbose boot log available up to the hang is
available if anyone thinks it is useful...

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD