Regression with ndis and rt2860 on 8.0-RC1

Christian Laursen xi at borderworlds.dk
Tue Sep 22 18:25:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

Some days ago I upgraded my Asus Eee 1000H from 7.2-RELEASE to 8.0-BETA4
and then to 8.0-RC1 as of this morning.

Since the Ralink Wireless NIC is not supported with a native driver I
have been using ndis for a long time on 7.x without any issues.

After upgrading to 8.0 I regenerated the module from the sys and inf files.

When I kldload the module (rt2860_sys.ko) the NIC is detected and I can
see it with ifconfig. But a few seconds after I do "ifconfig ndis0" up I
get a panic.

There is a screenshot of the panic here (Sorry about the image quality):
http://borderworlds.dk/~xi/ndis_panic/screenshot.jpg

I have also placed the dmesg output from a boot followed by the kldload,
my kernel configuration as well as the output from "pciconf -lv" in this
directory:
http://borderworlds.dk/~xi/ndis_panic/

The warnings in the dmesg output was there under 7.x too and didn't
prevent the NIC from functioning.

What is the best way to debug this problem? Any pointers would be welcome.

--
Christian Laursen