tmux(1) in base

Matt Dawson matt at chronos.org.uk
Mon Sep 21 19:41:32 UTC 2009

On Monday 21 Sep 2009 18:28:17 Martin Wilke wrote:
> IŽd also like to see that in src.

+1 to that, having just compiled and tried tmux 0.9 after what seems a
lifetime using screen, probably because tmux was hidden in misc instead of
sysutils where I'd expect to find it, and found my major niggles have been
addressed: Finally I can easily see the buffer (C-b =) after a detach and
reattach instead of the last trailing few words of an error flipping me off
(sorry about the graphic metaphor, but that's what it feels like) and ^a
works as normal.

To those saying they'd prefer screen in base, I would propose that the tmux
licence makes this particular decision a no-brainer if it has to be one or
the other.
--
Matt Dawson
MTD15-RIPE