vesa(4) and amd64

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Fri Sep 11 07:02:00 UTC 2009

I am trying x86emu-enabled vesa (from head) on amd64.
First of all, thank you very much for doing this!
It works almost perfectly. 'Almost', because I have one minor issue.

If I set non-default mode in a console, then switch to X, then switch back, the
colors in the console get shuffled. If I switch to another virtual console with
default mode and then back, the colors get restored to normal.

This is with radeon hardware and driver:
vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> port 0xee00-0xeeff mem
0xd0000000-0xdfffffff,0xfdfe0000-0xfdfeffff,0xfde00000-0xfdefffff irq 18 at device
5.0 on pci1
drm0: <ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics> on vgapci0
info: [drm] MSI enabled 1 message(s)
vgapci0: child drm0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.31.0 20080613
vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
info: [drm] Setting GART location based on new memory map

I can provide any addition info and debugging.

--
Andriy Gapon