Kernel Build Knob for kgssapi_krb5?

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 27 05:58:11 UTC 2009

On 10/27/09, John Marshall <john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, 11:31 -0400, Rick Macklem wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, b. f. wrote:

>> >And I see that it has some implicit dependencies, like INET6, so the
>> >kinks have not been ironed out of this portion of the code.  You could
>> >try:
>
> I didn't try building as a separate kernel module but configuring it in
> the kernel with 'options KGSSAPI' and 'device crypto' worked for me.
> The kernel build didn't complain that I don't have INET6 included.

I should have been more careful in what I wrote: all I meant was that
the inclusion of opt_inet6.h in src/sys/kgssapi/krb5/krb5_mech.c can
break the build of the kgssapi_krb5 module, and if this header is
really needed, then the module Makefile should probably be changed to
handle this header in the same way as is now done in other modules,
something along the lines of:

SRCS+=     opt_inet6.h
.if !defined(KERNBUILDDIR)
.if ${MK_INET6_SUPPORT} != "no"
opt_inet6.h:
     echo "#define INET6 1" > ${.TARGET}
.endif
.endif

This may not be the only problem with the module, as Rick Macklem suggested.

>> Just fyi, although I can't avoid blame for the NFSD/NFSCL code, I
>> wasn't the author of the Kernel GSSAPI code, just a happy user.

I meant, and should have written, "primary author of the NFSv4 code".
Obviously, from the commit message I cited, Doug Rabson and Isilon
were responsible for most of the kernel GSSAPI code.

> Thank you!  Might I suggest that a link to this work from the FreeBSD
> wiki and the 8.0 Release Notes would be a good idea?  More people are
> going to want to know how to go about using/testing this now that it is
> included in a release.

Seconded:  a reference in the FreeBSD wiki would be helpful.

b.