libthr on current breaks some ports

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 14:46:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 07:22:29PM +0200, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
> Sorry, just my .0002 USD
>
> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009, Manfred Antar wrote:

> >>If they try to dlopen() libthr, they're already broken.

> >>I doubt it.
> >>
> >>DES
> >>--
> >>Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav - des at des.no
> >>
> >>--
> >>This message has been scanned for viruses and
> >>dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> >>believed to be clean.
> >
> >OK
> >Here are some of the errors I get
> >Just rebuild /usr/ports/graphics/gd
> >
> >ldd /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.4
> >/usr/local/lib/libgd.so.4: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> >/usr/local/lib/libgd.so.4: Unexpected inconsistency: dependency
> >libthr.so.3 not found
> >/usr/local/lib/libgd.so.4: exit status 1
> >
> >Just rebuild /usr/ports/security/mhash
> >ldd /usr/local/lib/libmhash.so
> >/usr/local/lib/libmhash.so: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> >/usr/local/lib/libmhash.so: Unexpected inconsistency: dependency
> >libthr.so.3 not found
> >/usr/local/lib/libmhash.so: exit status 1
> >
> >Both of these have "--with-LDFLAGS="${PTHREAD_LIBS}" in the Makefile.

Issue is ldd on the _library_ linked to non-loadable object is cosmetic,
I fixed it in r199877.

> Just rebuild audio/faad - result precisely the same. Besides, ALL of the
> already installed ports are affected:
> ldd /usr/local/lib/lib*.so|grep libthr
> gives either the same or
> libthr.so.3 => not found (0x0)
> What is the worst, X does not load (display just freezes and the only way
> out is to turn a box off - fortunately, ACPI does work here).
What is the driver you use for your graphic card ? I remember Intel'
driver had this problem: driver was linked with libthr, while X
server was not. My server seems to be properly linked.

I reverted r199830 that marked libthr as not loadable, r199878.