8.0-RELEASE completed...

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Nov 27 21:55:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 09:22:01PM +0100, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> Roland Smith <rsmith at xs4all.nl> writes:
> > It is possible, but not easy. Upgrading from 7.x to 8.0 on the same
> > architecture is not that hard IMHO. Upgrading from i386 to amd64 on the same
> > release is doable but tricky; you need a spare root partition to install the
> > amd64 binaries.
>
> Not at all, just make a backup of /etc, extract the amd64 dist on top of
> your existing system, then restore whichever parts of /etc got clobbered.
>
> DES
> --
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no

	Thanks, gentlemen.  Mostly, my post was just a pondering;
	wondering if it might be better to re-do stuff now,  But then
	my new server still isn't finished and probably won't be until
	next week.  So best to stick with what I'm familar with.

	gary

    The 7.31a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php