request: LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 17 11:15:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Nikolay Denev wrote:

> I've also thought about that, but I guess one of the issues is that this way
> FreeBSD will by default load CDDL-ed code, which may not be desirable.
> Probably a compromise would be to build two loaders by default, one with zfs
> support and the standard one.

We already build special ZFS-aware boot blocks, so building a special
ZFS-aware loader and teaching the ZFS-aware boot blocks how to find it seems
like the right answer to me.  That way we can build it by default, but not use
CDDL code unless specifically requested.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge