USB (internally fixed) card reader questions

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de
Sat May 30 09:41:52 UTC 2009

Hans Petter Selasky schrieb am 30.05.2009 11:40 (localtime):
> On Saturday 30 May 2009, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:

> Have you tried:
>
> camcontrol rescan all

Yes, but also couldn't write to da0.

> Maybe you need to add a quirk to umass.c:

If I boot with a card inserted I can use it (not woth hal, but manually
mounting)! I think the quirks are only needed if the card reader doesn't
work, right?
Also usbconfig reset works if I insert the card after booting.
But I don't know how the things *should* work by intention. I don't
think usbconfig reset was planned to be used.
Should pluging in a USB work together with hal, or is it work in progress?

Thanks,

-Harry