[Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD! take 3
ivoras at freebsd.org
Sun May 24 00:21:16 UTC 2009
Martin Wilke wrote:
> We rolled a new version with a fix for all users where
> has problems with kernel load and unload. Many thanks to
> Shin-ichi Okano where submitted this patch to the vbox ml.
I've tested it again. The host os: 8-CURRENT AMD64, Xeon 5405, updated
from sources from half an hour ago. No debugging in kernel.
* Booted 6.2-RELEASE i386 guest
* ACPI, IOAPIC enabled for guest emulation
* Performance seems ok (subjectively). Disk IO seems a bit slow
* Networking, NAT emulation, all emulated NIC hardware
What doesn't work:
* Hardware VT support - "A critical error has occurred..."
* CPU count detection - if I select 2 CPUs for the guest, VirtualBox
complains the number of physical CPUs is 1 (hardware is quad core)
* Selecting > 1 CPU automatically selects Hardware VT support, so guests
with multiple virtual CPUs cannot be booted.
* 64-bit guest support (same as above)
* Enabling virtual SATA controller - no error messages, the guest simply
changes state to "aborted"
* Enabling COM ports - same as above
* Enabling audio - "Some audio devices could not be opened,
* Rebooting the VM guest "from inside" from the boot loader
But so far it's an excellent start :) Thanks!
More information about the freebsd-current