Building boot2 for ixp425

Andrew Thompson thompsa at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 13 17:50:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:05:15PM -0500, Jon Loeliger wrote:

> > Are you sure your cross compile toolchain is built?
>
> I just build the whole set using the nanobsd.sh mechanism.
> It resulted in an arm kernel, so I'm assuming the toolchain
> is available.

It may be that nanobsd puts the obj files in a different location.

> That said, I'm not sure how to *point* to it...

The buildenv command is the one that spawns a new shell with all the
correct paths to use the new compiler. just do the kernel-toolchain
before it, as in.

make TARGET_ARCH=arm TARGET_CPUTYPE=xscale \
	TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN=true kernel-toolchain
make TARGET_ARCH=arm TARGET_CPUTYPE=xscale \
	TARGET_BIG_ENDIAN=true buildenv
cd
sys/boot/arm/ixp425/boot2/
make