r194546 amd64: kernel panic in tcp_sack.c

Kamigishi Rei spambox at haruhiism.net
Mon Jun 29 14:50:12 UTC 2009

Lawrence Stewart wrote:
> I'm not intimately familiar with our SACK implementation, and these
> things are often extremely painful to track down. First step: is the
> panic reproducible?
So far I couldn't reproduce it, but I think the fact that I couldn't
reproduce it has something to do with frequent reboots due to
buildworld/buildkernel lately because of other problems.
> How did you try to get it to save the core? A dump would be very
> useful to have around.
Since I'm not much of an expert in the kernel debugger, I tried to let
it continue with the panic, i.e. typed 'continue' which produced a fatal
trap 12 right after "Dumping XXXX MB: (~3 values were here)".

--
Kamigishi Rei
KREI-RIPE