7.2-stable upgrade changes disknames

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at withagen.nl
Sun Jun 28 13:30:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

Tried UPGRADING, but could not find any suggestions that this was to be
expected. Could also not find any previous suggestions for this.

I upgraded from stable to current just by the regular
	cvsup/compile/install kernel/reboot
cycle.

After which I got complaints that ad0s1a no longer existed.
Al of a sudden it was called ad0a...
Adjusting /etc/fstab made life again enjoyable.

In essence not a serious problem if one is a little fluent in FreeBSD,
but could prove a source of a lot of questions, once 8.0 is released.

So is this just because I missed something, or becasue I'm using a
relatively old motherboard/processor combo:
CPU: AMD Duron(tm) Processor (807.19-MHz 686-class CPU)
acpi0: <ASUS A7V-E> on motherboard

--WjW