[Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD! take 6

Martin Smith mjs at rakupottery.org.uk
Sun Jun 28 09:47:18 UTC 2009

Martin Wilke wrote:

> Huhu,
>
> Yes we life and that's good :-).
> Changes:
>
>   - Fix build error when compiling in debug mode on FreeBSD HEAD
>   - SemEvent?-r0drv/FreeBSD: Don't use tvtohz for an infinite timeout.
>   - Some FreeBSD relate typos
>   - Enable shared OpenGL service. Completely untested due to lack of
>     appropriate hardware but it compiles at least
>   - Add support for shared clipboards. Requires libXt
>   - FreeBSD: Implement preemption API for guest SMP and enable
>     it (slightly tested). Add neccessary RTMP* methods in userspace
>     for the frontends to detect the number of CPUs
>   - Runtime/semevent-r0drv-freebsd: Use a sleeping mutex
>     instead of a spinlock to fix the problems users are seeing
>     (assertions with debugging enabled) while still being able
>     to run on 100Hz hosts. No problems detected so far and Solaris
>     doesn't use a spin mutex in this code too so it shouldn't do
>     any harm (keeping fingers crossed)space for the frontends to
>     detect the number of CPUs
>   - Add support for curl
>   - Add VBoxSharedClipboard
>
> Ports Changes;
>   - Force guestadditions version to 2.2.4
>   - Removed Qt3 include replacements (already upstream)
>   - Removed cosmetic X11 include path patch
>
> Please make SURE, your world and kernel is in sync and you've read
> the pkg-messages. Also please unload the kernel module before
> you update the port ;-).
>
> Many thx to all Vbox Devs, All supporters, my nice team! :-)
>
>    http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/vbox/virtualbox_6.tgz
>
>  Happy Testing!

Well ,I have got it up and running on a stable of 26 June, managed to
set up a vdi, no problem, but it will not see the cd drive.
It (vbox) says the cd drive is always secondary master, but I only have
one ata channel so it is primary master. The dropdown list just does
not drop down.
Is there a workaround for this, or have I missed something stupid?

--
Martin