WITHOUT_GAMES=true and /usr/games

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 22 14:44:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:36:06 +0200 (CEST), Alexander Best <alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de> wrote:
> thanks a bunch. i'll patch my source tree and see if i can installworld
> without /usr/games beeing created. would be great to have this patch in -HEAD.

It should work, but if you bump on anything that breaks, please let me
know.

The only tricky bit about all the WITH_XXX options that may affect
mtree output is that we have many of them.  Extracting a separate
mtree specfile for each WITH_XXX option and each *combination* of
these options may end up being too much work and complicate the build
glue a lot for far too little gain.

I am not sure if we can invest the time and code for *all* WITH_XXX
options, but it may be ok to do for a few large components, i.e. the
ones that appear in sysinstall menus as separate distributions :)