RPCPROG_MNT: RPC: Timed out / receiving NFS error when trying to mount NFS file system after make world

Martin nakal at web.de
Tue Jun 16 19:58:08 UTC 2009

Am Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:24:19 -0400 (EDT)
schrieb Rick Macklem <rmacklem at uoguelph.ca>:

> I suspect it's a recent rpc libc and/or networking change. If you know
> when your configuration last worked (rNNNNNN or date you took the code
> off of head), that might help people figure out what broke it. (nb:
> Note that I said "people" and not me.

Hi Rick,

I'm talking to you, because you seem to try to resolve the problem in
this discussion. Of course I know that you are not responsible for
everything. I never expect anyone to solve my personal problems with
FreeBSD, I just want to at least mention them. I hope, it's still
helpful for developers here.

> I don't know diddly about rpc
> libc or networking stack changes. I just went to:
>  	http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/
> and then looked at when stuff had changed.
>
> If you could post to -current again with the last version that worked
> vs doesn't work now, hopefully someone will spot the problem, rick

I've looked up the date that is encoded in my kernel.old build.
FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #0: Fri May 15 10:57:37 CEST 2009

I'm sure it worked at this point. Also nfs filesystems that have
been already mounted survived the change, but when I started to
remount them, the problems have begun to appear, so I suppose that nfsd
itself is functioning well, but mountd or rpcbind are somehow affected.

The version I'm using now, that shows the issue, is of Jun 14 19:50
CET.

I usually update shortly before I compile. It could have been one day
earlier that I csup'ed, but I don't think it's more than that.

Fortunatelly there are not many changes in libc/rpc in this
time interval.

--
Martin