RFC: C version of devd daemon.

Antonio González Castro agoca80 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:23:29 UTC 2009

The only real reason it's to eliminate one use of C++ of the base system.
Right now, It seems that a lot of people is working to eliminate C++ and GCC
from the diferent BSD systems. In FreeBSD there are devd, groff and
libstd++. There is already someone working in groff, if I'm right, and
libstd++ is only needed for groff and devd.
Clang will be C++ ready in one years or two, but it's already C ready. Those
where the thngs I was thinking about when I rewrited it in C. The code is in
my computer, and I'm using it without problems. I did not test it a lot, but
It did not crash for two days. I just wanted to ask before show anything.
How can I show the code? Can I attach it to a mail to freebsd-current?