Possible to boot using gptzfsboot and a 'raid 10' in ZFS?

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Sat Jun 6 03:53:15 UTC 2009

Should it be possible to boot from zpool consisting of a striped set of
mirrors using gptzfsboot?  Using a FreeBSD 7.2 post-v13 ZFS cd or the
200905 8.0 snapshot, neither let me set the bootfs zpool property to a
pool that is a 8 disk mirror.  If I manage to get zpool to let me set
it, will gptzfsboot work with it anyway?  Knowing that gptzfsboot can
boot from a single disk, mirror, raidz, and raidz2, it didn't enter my
mind that a raid10 might not work until I just tried it tonight.  Thanks
for input.  Also thanks for the existing code!