zfs: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

Thomas Backman serenity at exscape.org
Thu Jul 30 16:41:44 UTC 2009

On Jul 30, 2009, at 17:40, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 30/07/2009 18:25 Thomas Backman said the following:
>> PS. I'll test Pawel's patch sometime after dinner. ;)
>
> I believe that you should get a perfect result with it.
>
> --
> Andriy Gapon
If I dare say it, you were right! I've been testing for about half an
hour or so (probably a bit more) now.
Still using DEBUG_VFS_LOCKS, and I've tried the test case several
times, ran an initial backup (i.e. destroy target pool and send|recv
the entire pool) and a few incrementals. Rebooted, tried it again. No
panic, no problems! :)
Let's hope it stays this way.

So, in short: With that patch (copied here just in case: http://exscape.org/temp/zfs_vnops.working.patch
  ) and the libzfs patch linked previously, it appears zfs send/recv
works plain fine. I have yet to try it with clone/promote and stuff,
but since that gave the same panic that this solved, I'm hoping there
will be no problems with that anymore.

Regards,
Thomas