Rebuild all network-related kernel modules on 8-current due to vnet allocator change

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 15 09:13:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Florian Smeets wrote:

>>> I've just commented out the panic() in link_elf_obj.c and now i'm able to
>>> create vlans again.
>>
>> This assertion may well be too conservative -- is there any chance you have
>> a kernel built with the DTrace CTF support? It may be using progbits, in
>> which case removing the assertion is the right solution. I'll test this
>> hypothesis.
>
> i'm also seeing this panic, it happens when zfs.ko is loaded in my case. I
> don't have anything DTrace CTF related in my kernel.

Hmm.  Then we should just remove the assertion and debug it later.  I'll get
it in the tree shortly.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge