console oddities

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Wed Jan 28 13:14:18 PST 2009

Hello Michiel,

* Michiel Boland <michiel at boland.org> wrote:
> On boot, the cursor on the vga screen goes to home position.
> So if you have console=comconsole in loader.conf, the login prompt on the
> vga terminal is sort-of lost amidst the initial boot output.

Ah, it seems we forget to sync the initial cursor position with the
hardware cursor if we don't use syscons as the kernel console. Can you
try the attached patch?

> Also during shutdown the tty settings appear to be incorrect. I am
> getting the good old staircase effect (line feeds without carriage
> returns.) This applies to both serial and vga consoles.

Yes, this is an issue I'll look into very soon. I've been a little busy
the last couple of weeks, which means I've not been able to look into
this issue yet. I hope to get it fixed somewhere this weekend.

Let me know if the patch solves your issue.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/