NFS mounts dissapearing

Michiel Boland michiel at boland.org
Wed Jan 28 10:06:02 PST 2009

Sean Bruno wrote:
> I've noted that my NFS mount of a directory is vanishing periodically
> under -current.  I am unable to unmount/remount the directory and the
> system returns Permission Denied on all attempts to access the
> directory.
>
> Is this something that is known and being investigated?

FWIW I am seeing this too, except that I can still umount/remount. It appears to
me that TCP connections to remote nfsd use a privileged source port initially,
but if the connection is severed and reestablished later the source port is no
longer < 1024. Client is -CURRENT, server is solaris with nfssrv:nfs_portmon=1.

Cheers
Michiel