[PATCH] ppbus/ppc locking
Bruce M. Simpson
bms at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 23 06:23:02 PST 2009
John Baldwin wrote:
> Hmm you don't see /dev/lpt0 and /dev/lpt0.ctl via ls(1)? The attach routine
> creates the devices via make_dev() right after the "interrupt-driven port"
I see /dev/lpt0.ctl, but not /dev/lpt0.
* The printer is a shonky old GCC Elite 600.
* The BIOS is configured to expose LPT0 at "the usual ISA I/O address"
w/interrupt mode 0x378 irq 7.
* There are no error messages from lpt0 in dmesg, it does say lpt0:
* I load lpt.ko from loader.conf on boot.
* If I try to kldunload lpt, it panics in destroy_devl() called from
* I get the same results if the printer attached via lpt is switched on
or off on boot.
cups will just complain the printer isn't connected, as /dev/lpt0
If I boot with bootverbose enabled, I see nothing which indicates that
the make_dev() call has failed.
More information about the freebsd-current