INET6 tcp md5 signature

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Jan 17 05:40:08 PST 2009

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Guli wrote:

Hi,

> Is there anyone, who could merge this feature into  CURENT / RELENG_7
> please ?
> (we want use it for secured IPv6 BGP sessions in Quagga)
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20080913-02-tcp-md5-ack-rst.diff

You do not really need this patch to run TCP-MD5 with INET6.

TCP-MD5 with INTE6 is in HEAD already, I am not sure if it's my 50
pending MFCs or if it's in RELENG_7 (and with that 7.1-R) already.

You can find a description what the patch does here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2008-September/019492.html

And it's something for both v4 and v6 that hasn't been there the last
years for v4 ...

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.