Alternatives to gcc (was Re: gcc 4.3: when will it become standard compiler?)

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 16:16:10 PST 2009

> As for Michel's point that the results of the compilation are not
> covered by GPL - this seems to be stated explicitly in the GPLv3 license.
Which is my question.  Why do we need update the compiler when the
license shouldn't matter?
Has anyone asked the FSF about this issue anyway?  Does the FSF claim
that the output of the compiler becomes "free" software?

> Stephen

Eitan Adler
"Security is increased by designing for the way humans actually behave."
-Jakob Nielsen