mouse cursor corrupts chars under syscons

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Thu Jan 8 03:42:44 PST 2009

Hello Alexander,

* Alexander Best <alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de> wrote:
> i noticed the mouse cursor currupting characters under syscons. to test this
> do the following under syscons/bash:
>
> for i in `jot 5000`; do echo -n 0; done
>
> now gently move your cursor over the zeros. see?

Just a message to the lists, to make sure it doesn't end up assigned to
me. This issue is not in any way related to the libteken commit I did a
week ago, but I also noticed this issue back in June last year.

At first I thought it was related to the new MPSAFE TTY layer, but
I can remember seeing this on stock sources as well. I think we should
see whether it is also present on other architectures supported by
syscons. I think it might be a syscons VGA renderer issue.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/