Weird arrow key disappearing act with latest syscons

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 20:10:07 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
> Hello Garrett,
>
> * Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>     Please note that this output was `simulated', but I can have a
>> real typescript produced for you if you like.
>>     Let me know if/when you need more data :).
>
> A real typescript would be great. It really depends on the shell you
> use, its settings, etc. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Ah, I think I know what it is.

When logged in as root I use tcsh (to avoid linker issues if my build
of CURRENT goes south), and I also am using the following settings in
rc.conf (note keyrate):

font8x14="NO"
font8x16="NO"
font8x8="NO"
saver="blank"
scrnmap="NO"
keyrate="fast"

If you take tcsh, run it from left to right with the keyboard,
semi-continuously with keyrate="fast", characters will disappear on
the console.

I've attached a tarball with a typescript for you, my dmesg, and
uname. Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Thanks!
-Garrett