Default FS Layout Too Small?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Tue Feb 24 11:29:50 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:10:25AM -0800, Sean Bruno wrote:
> I would assume that the default would be much larger now-a-days. I think
> a simple doubling to 1G would be sufficient.

Is there any point these days to having sysinstall auto-default to creating
separate slices for /tmp, /var/, /usr........
when setting up new systems, I've started just ignoring
the sysinstall auto-defaults and making one big / partition
and installing FreeBSD there....

It seems every release we need to keep bumping up the size of
the sysinstall auto-defaults because they are too small.

This bites new users.

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc at crodrigues.org