Patch for 'zfs send -R' core dump (pr bin/130105)

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 19 13:04:22 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 07:11:14PM +0100, Roman Divacky wrote:

> btw.... I track the opensolaris hg at work and there's a quite a few commits
> to zfs (almost) every week. fixing coredumps and other problems.
>
> maybe we can track the opensolaris a little closer?

It is beeing tracked very close, I'd say, in perforce
(//depot/user/pjd/zfs/...).

The problem is that trivial fixes are mixed with very intrusive changes,
so it is too risky to track it even in HEAD (I'm running HEAD on my
ZFS-only laptop!). OpenSolaris development is also very different from
FreeBSD's. We use to describe every single change very carefully in
commit logs, where OpenSolaris commits are based only on bug number and
bug descriptions. Many changes are committed at once, so it is hard to
pick only some changes.