HEADS UP: IFF_NEEDSGIANT consumers to be disabled, removed

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Tue Feb 17 09:55:16 PST 2009

* Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> so, for now, i think we should keep rfcomm_sppd(1) as it is. if this
> is not an option (with new tty subsystem) then we should convert it to
> use nmdm(4) or something similar.

Well, the problem with the current approach is that if you remove
"device pty" from your kernel config, it won't work. With MPSAFE TTY we
switched to Unix98-style pseudo-terminals, so the preferred mechanism is
to call posix_openpt() (or open /dev/ptmx) and use ptsname() to
determine which character device to use.

I won't change anything now, but will keep my patch at the before
mentioned URL.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/