HEADSUP usb2/usb4bsd to become default in GENERIC

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Feb 8 11:48:49 PST 2009

In message: <200902081951.16823.hselasky at c2i.net>
            Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> writes:
: On Sunday 08 February 2009, Andrew Thompson wrote:
: > On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 06:48:39PM +0100, Remko Lodder wrote:
: > > On Sun, February 8, 2009 6:21 am, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
:
: > >
: > > Please name it "usb_*".
:
: Beware that if you rename everything from "usb2_" to "usb_" there will be
: symbol and structure clashes with the linux USB compat layer, which needs to
: be resolved.

No.  that's not the case.  usb2_foo vs usb_foo in the kernel config
files only affects what files config brings in, and we can easily tell
it to bring the right ones in w/o any symbol issues.

I'd leave everything else where it is now in the source tree.  The
rename is fairly trivial.  Do people want me to float a patch?

Warner