lpt stopped working

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 6 13:31:48 PST 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009 22:03:37 Beech Rintoul wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 February 2009 05:14:10 John Baldwin wrote:
> > On Monday 02 February 2009 10:43:39 am Christian Gusenbauer wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Since the recent update (svn r187576) to the ppbus/ppc code my printer
> >
> > stopped
> >
> > > working. Every request seems to hang forever in ppb_request_bus waiting
> > > for ppb->ppc_lock (at least 'top' tells me that it's hanging in state
> > > 'ppbreq').
> >
> > Can you use procstat to get a stack trace of the hung thread?
>
> My printer is still showing "device busy" for lpt0 does anyone know offhand
> when the changes were committed? I need to revert.

There is regression somewhere in the ppbus code committed two weeks ago. I
reverted back to previous code and lpt0 no longer reports "device busy" and
printing is working again.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://people.freebsd.org/~beech
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Skype: akbeech
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.1R/announce.html