lpt stopped working

Christian Gusenbauer c47g at gmx.at
Fri Feb 6 04:43:32 PST 2009

Hi John!

Sorry, it seems that I missed your previous mail, so my answer comes here
right now.

On Friday 06 February 2009, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 February 2009 05:14:10 John Baldwin wrote:
> > On Monday 02 February 2009 10:43:39 am Christian Gusenbauer wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Since the recent update (svn r187576) to the ppbus/ppc code my printer
> >
> > stopped
> >
> > > working. Every request seems to hang forever in ppb_request_bus waiting
> > > for ppb->ppc_lock (at least 'top' tells me that it's hanging in state
> > > 'ppbreq').
> >
> > Can you use procstat to get a stack trace of the hung thread?

# procstat -k 1199
  PID    TID COMM             TDNAME           KSTACK
 1199 100184 cat              -                mi_switch sleepq_switch
sleepq_catch_signals sleepq_wait_sig _sleep ppb_request_bus lpt_request_ppbus
lptwrite devfs_write_f dofilewrite kern_writev write syscall Xint0x80_syscall

Christian.