Is 802.11a supposed to work with wpi?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 27 04:37:38 UTC 2009

Doug Barton wrote:
> I have the infamous Intel 3945ABG, and an access point that does
> 802.11a. The card works fine with WPA in Win XP, even with a wall or
> two in between me and the AP.
>
> With FreeBSD I cannot get a link in 802.11a even with no encryption
> and standing in the same room as the AP. Is it supposed to work?

Thanks to Attilio I got my only other 11a card working and it can sync
up with the AP even with WPA. It's not a strong signal, but it works
just fine:

SSID/MESH ID   CHAN    RATE     S:N     INT    CAPS
my11assid       52     54M    -91:-96   100    EP   WPA

So this definitely appears to be a wpi issue.

Doug