Root exploit for FreeBSD

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Mon Dec 14 15:15:58 UTC 2009

On Dec 14, 2009, at 2:03 PM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

> "Svein Skogen" <svein-listmail at stillbilde.net> writes:
>> Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>>> That's a bet you're likely to lose - most of them are POS terminals,
>>> industrial control applications etc.
>> Add to that the lot of them that are running IPX/SPX protocol... ;)
>
> Damn you, I was this >< close to successfully repressing that memory!

I was avoiding to jump into this, but... Maybe this hilarious proposal will cure your pain, dude.

http://ietfdocs.potaroo.net/rfc/rfc1791.txt

I remember that around the early 90's  I read one of those peecee magazine authors (maybe Jerry Pournelle) asking the IETF to, please, drop that TCP/IP thingy and instead choose a standard, widely used protocol for the Internet: IPX.

Let me touch more bad neurons for you: X.400 :)

Borja.