route(8) and show/sticky/... Re: 8.0-RELEASE completed...

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Thu Dec 3 00:02:32 UTC 2009

Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Just a quick note in case there are people here who aren't subscribed to
>> the freebsd-announce@ mailing list.
>>
>> We have completed the 8.0-RELEASE cycle.  Details about the release are
>> available from the main web site, in particular the announcement itself
>> is available here:
>>
>>    http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/announce.html
>
> Thanks!
>
> One question:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/relnotes-detailed.html
>
> says:
>
> ----------
> The route(8) utility now supports show, weights, and sticky commands.
> For more details, see the route(8) manual page.
> ----------
>
> I do not have those things in my man page or route(8) command ?

I have one more question about relnotes-detailed.html

"Specific CPU binding by using cpuset(1) has been implemented. Note that
the current implementation allows the superuser inside of the jail to
change the CPU bindings specified."

Is it true? I don't have 8.0-RELEASE installed, but I think it was fixed
in 7-STABLE right after the 7.2-RELEASE

PR kern/134050 was reported by me

Miroslav Lachman