New BSD licensed debugger

Doug Rabson dfr at rabson.org
Sat Aug 29 08:50:27 UTC 2009

On 29 Aug 2009, at 08:49, Michael David Crawford wrote:

> I am curious - not wanting to start a pissing contest or anything -
> but why do you prefer D over other languages?
>
> Is D the wave of the future?
>
> Back when Microsoft shipped the very first version of Visual Studio
> that supported C++, advertisements started appearing everywhere,
> seeking coders with "5 years of Visual C++ experience".  This
> despite Visual C++ having been on the market for only a few months.
>
> So next year, are all the recruiters going to be looking for coders
> with five years of Visual D experience? :-D

It seems unlikely :). I got interested in D a couple of years ago and
it seemed to be a nice attempt at a modern C-like language that didn't
have all the baggage of C++. This project at least partly is my 'learn
the language' project. D language features (garbage collection,
dynamic arrays, associative arrays) have certainly made writing this a
much more pleasant experience than trying to do the same thing in C++.