ata errors with sata dvd drive

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu Aug 27 17:15:10 UTC 2009

Here are some errors from ATA driver that I see with head code that were not
reported with stable/7 code:

kernel: ata7: port is not ready (timeout 0ms) tfd = 00000180
kernel: ata7: software reset clear timeout
kernel: acd0: FAILURE - unknown CMD (0xac) timed out
kernel: ata7: port is not ready (timeout 0ms) tfd = 00000180
kernel: ata7: software reset clear timeout
kernel: acd0: FAILURE - unknown CMD (0xac) timed out

I mean ata7 lines specifically, acd0 lines were observed before.
I suspect that the CMD in question is issued either by hal or by k3b.

The drive is Optiarc DVD RW AD-7191S/1.02.
SATA controller is that of SB700.

--
Andriy Gapon