Quick 8.0 update: BETA3 builds in progress
rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 22 10:04:53 UTC 2009
For those tracking the 8.0 release process, BETA3 builds have now started.
They were held up for a few days while a few critical issues were resolved:
- Changes to make newbus MPSAFE were reverted as they lead to reports of a
number of WITNESS warnings and panics during device driver attach/detach.
- Another nit in the Subversion->CVS updater was resolved.
- The flowtable crash at boot reported by several users has been resolved.
- A boot-time hang for users of the htprr driver has been resolved.
- ZFS zpool import was fixed.
- freebsd-update now backs up the old kernel before installing a new one.
You can find a regularly updated release status, the above information, and
much more, on the 8.0 release engineering wiki page:
I don't have a specific ETA on BETA3 going out the door, except to say that so
far several architectures have reported back on successful builds, so probably
Robert N M Watson
University of Cambridge
More information about the freebsd-current