Bad news re: new (20080817) ZFS patches and send/recv (broken again)

Thomas Backman serenity at exscape.org
Thu Aug 20 07:41:58 UTC 2009

On Aug 20, 2009, at 08:53, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 05:24:47PM +0200, Thomas Backman wrote:
> [...]
>> Worse yet:
>>
>> [root at chaos ~]# zpool create testpool ad0s1d
>> [root at chaos ~]# zpool export testpool
>> [root at chaos ~]# zpool import testpool
>> cannot import 'testpool': no such pool available
>
> Should be fixed in head and stable/8, could you verify that it works
> for you?
Yes! This solved the problem. Great job. :)
I was about to say "no" after a buildkernel/installkernel did nothing,
but I looked closer and noticed the #ifndef KERNEL... After rebuilding
zfs, zpool, and of course nvpair (last thing I tried, figures, when I
"knew" it was at fault), it works great. Both finding pools and send/
recv is restored to normal as far as I can tell. :)

Regards,
Thomas